eHealth Ontario Capabilities
Organizational capabilities and internal services/processes that the agency leverages to provide business services to its stakeholders:
- Core capabilities: critical capabilities that embody people, process, and technology to realize the ehealth mandate of the agency.
- Health information exchange: the ability to provide a common ehealth platform for integration to support health information exchange in the province
- Infrastructure: the ability to host ehealth solutions and provide access to those solutions
- Health data management: the ability to acquire, manage, and provision health data
- Ehealth architecture: the ability to design ehealth models and solutions
- Ehealth standards: the ability to ensure interoperability of ehealth solutions
- Health information privacy and security: the ability to ensure privacy, integrity, and secure access to health information
- Service management: the ability to ensure ehealth service quality and support for ehealth solutions
- Ehealth adoption: the ability to support the adoption of ehealth solutions, e.g. through strategic funding
- Corporate support capabilities: capabilities that manage and support general operations of the agency – e.g. finance, human resources.
Ehealth Services and Support Services
The agency’s service portfolio consists of ehealth services that directly support the health care sector, and support services that support partners and vendors to do the same.
Back to Top